Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Interesting two days

Yesterday was interesting. So was today. I've spent the last couple of days looking at and viewing videos done by Muslims and learning what I can about their faith from their perspective. It has been interesting to learn from women why they wear the Hijab and why some men who practice Islam wish to marry a woman who wears the Hijab. This is interesting given many women in the LDS church won't even give a young man the time of day if he hasn't served a mission. Though in the case of the Hijab, some men will make an exception if it is her choice not to wear one. Many women in the church won't and sadly this hurts and discourages young men who don't have the funds to go on a mission or those who have converted too late to go on one. It's saddening to see these poor Brothers in Christ turned away because of something out of their control.

I've learned so much these last couple of days, not just about Islam, but a bit about myself. Since the Sunday before last, I've had to come to terms with the fact I can't be in therapy anymore. It's going to be strange not to have someone to talk with every week about the goings on in my life that isn't actually apart of my life. But I think I may be ready. I mean, I have you my readers as a bit of therapy. It's very therapeutic to write all my inner thoughts and feelings down and know that maybe someone is reading them. Even if no one does, it's nice to write things down and keep a memory of them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment