Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thoughts

I have been called a lot of things in my life. Mostly it's people calling me a "Know-it-all". I get it, I really do, people don't appreciate it when someone is smarter then them or comes across as such. The program I am enrolled in for university has shocked me. Most of the people in my classes seem to have no desire to participate in class. Half of them choose not to even answer the questions that the professor poses, the other half either don't give the right answer or don't offer a complete one. I spend half the class bored out of my skull because these people are either very far behind or can't even pay attention long enough to finish the class with out the teacher having to go over things we were taught years ago while working on our AA degrees!

I don't mean to sound like I am stuck up, but it drives me batty that I seem to be the most intelligent person in the class room out side of the professor. Even in classes where I don't read the book all the time, I seem to be miles ahead of the rest of the class. Maybe it's because I am the only one willing to talk in class most of the time. Maybe it's because I have no fear of sharing my knowledge and letting people know what I know. I don't think knowledge should be kept to ones self. I think that people should freely share what they know and not be afraid of sharing what they know with all those around them.

When people bully others because they fell inferior or they think its "uncool" to be smart or come across as such, I find it to be incredibly unintelligent and childish.

No comments:

Post a Comment