Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Presentation

So I gave my presentation today... I hated every second of. Even though the paper was a hit. I was extremely disturbed by my research and so was most of my class. There is something soul killing about researching Child Trafficking around the world. Something very soul stealing indeed. I have found myself more then once wanting to curl up and cry from what I've read, and the photos I've seen. There are things that I have seen in just a short amount of time that I cannot un-see no matter how much I wish I could. I knew child trafficking was bad, but I never realized just how horrific it really was. It isn't just about sex. Given a few of the news articles that I read, children are being mutilated for religious reasons as well and I think that was only second in horrifying to finding out that little innocent baby girls are being brutalized because of a myth that the rape of a virgin can cure AIDs!

To my readers, please please help to fight this horrific tragedy! These innocent little children deserve a chance at a happy childhood!

Sadly this work has affected my sleep. When I close my eyes I see those sad little faces and it makes me want to cry even more. I have 3 finals on Thursday and I need the sleep and yet I can't seem to get it. This is going to be a long couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment