Sunday, December 18, 2011

The weekend

Things were...interesting this weekend. I offered to watch the BF's nephews, believing it was going to be only for the after noon, imagine my surprise when I find out his sis and her husband were going to be gone all night and I would have the kiddos that long >.< Now, don't take this wrong, if she had asked, I would have said yes, but it did tick me off that she assumed I would be willing. I did wind up watching the kiddos all night and thankfully the BF came over to his mum's after work. Like a respectful man, he slept on the couch, holding guard, while I slept in the spare room and the kiddos slept in their grandma's bed. I did enjoy it and I was glad the BF called his sis and made it clear she has to ask from now on if I'll watch the kiddos over night and not just assume I will.

I am looking forward to X-mas this year. This will be the first year where I think I'll actually feel welcome in a house since before my grandma died. The last few years, each Christmas, no matter where I go or who I am with, even if it's my own family, I've felt like an outsider. I hope to eventually have a holiday where I don't feel like I'm just along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment